Tuesday 29 March 2011

Feeling Good On Greens

For me the best thing about loading up on greens in my morning smoothie is that I feel that if the rest of my day doesn't go as well as planned, food wise, then I at least know that I have helped my body to alkalise and receive some of the nutrition it needs to remain health and whole.

Today happened to be a particularly good foodie day, but I also know that I am going out later, will be eating late and will be going to a restaurant where I know the food is not what I would normally eat, so I am glad that I've eaten well earlier. You might ask, then why am I going? Because being a friend is also high up there on my list of priorities and tonight's bash is in aid of a friend who most definitely would do the same for me. So, over the years, what I have learned is that when it comes to food, there are certain sacrifices to be made. Keeping a dinner date with friend is just as important as making sure I eat nutritious, healthy food.

Yes, in my youth, I was a die hard, perfectionist, but then again, having no friends to dine with will put a stop to that less balanced way of eating. I took me a while to wonder why the invitations to dinner had begun to dwindle.......Of course, what I would really like to be eating tonight is a wonderful raw meal, followed by a cacao ganache with some dairy and sugar free ice cream, but then can't I make that possible tomorrow??  That question is a rhetorical one my green friends...of course I can!

Bye the way, this morning's green eyed monster was a little over half a bag full of spinach (the one not washed in chlorine), two whole peaches and one avocado. Now, I didn't have any lemon juice, and to be honest, it needed it. I might also have put in a little agave or stevia to sweeten my little green monster.  However, it all went down very well nonetheless and left me feeling, revived, nourished and ready to green the day with passion and lust for life.

Well, that's it from KG for now anyway. I'm off to paint my toe nails before this evening. (yes, it is formaldehyde and tourmaline free)

Leafy green ones to you.

KG

No comments:

Post a Comment