Tuesday 29 March 2011

The Benefit of Green Smoothies

I think it is inherent in every human's body and mind to instinctively know that they really should eat more greens. However, when I am told that something is food for me, I automatically think to myself “well, how good”? Not that I want to fully understand every biochemical action and reaction within my own body s chemistry when I do eat something that I know is good for me, but having a general knowledge helps me understand how I am faring throughout any given day.

So, some facts about greens that you may not have known:

Greens contain more beta-carotene than carrots, more vitamin C than oranges, more Vitamin E than whole grain wheat and more vitamin B2 than dairy milk and they contain a complete amino acid profile
Greens provide the best source of the alkaline minerals calcium, magnesium,
and iron as well as many others. These alkaline minerals create the perfect
environment for health by cleansing your body of bad bacteria, parasites and unwanted
yeast.

Now for some of the added benefits that you will receive by including raw greens into your diet every day:

Clearer thoughts

Better mood

A healthier body weight

Reduced stress levels

Increased vitality

A healthier heart

A supply of vital chemicals into your blood stream that can
unclog arteries

The slowing down of your body’s natural aging process

The ability to stimulate your body to make more killer cells to ward off infection.

Beautiful healthy skin, hair and nails

Now, I think that this is a pretty impressive list and one that has me totally hooked!

Happy Blending!

Kitchen Greenie.

No comments:

Post a Comment